Join us for the annual triathlon on the Coal River! Register here today.
The date has been set, Saturday, April 15, 2017
RUN for the RIVER! Saturday, April 15, 2017 at Meadowood Park in Tornado, WV.
The start and finish line will be in Meadowood Park at the CRG River Center.
The race will consist of the following legs:
- A 3-mile run within Meadowood Park
- An 8-mile bike ride from Tornado to Alum Creek (Note: The alternate bike route will be utilized due to a road closure on Coal River Rd.)
- A 7-mile paddle from Alum Creek back to Meadowood Park.
- A quick 1/4-mile run back to the finish line at the CRG River Center
Want to learn more about the course? Check out the interactive map below. Click on map features for detailed information.
Click here to view the map in a separate browser.
Register for the Race
Ready to race?
Pre-registrations for the Run for the River Triathlon will be handled through www.tristateracer.com. You can also register the morning of the race from 8:00-9:30am at the CRG River Center.
Participants can register as individuals OR as a member of a team. Triathlon teams consist of three individuals, each of which will complete one leg of the race (ie. one person runs, another bikes, and another kayaks).
Entry Fees will be $45 for individuals, $35 per team members, and $35 per person for families of 3 or more. A free tech t-shirt is included with registration.
Online registration ends at 12pm on April 5th.
Race Day Registration will be $60 per person
Awards will be included for all race classification group:
- Male/female 11-19; 20-29; 30-39; 40-49; 50-59; 60+
- Team awards for male, female, and co-ed
Race packets will be available for pickup on Friday April 15 from 4-7:30 pm at Meadowood Park in Tornado.
For more information about racing or volunteering, contact Race Director Bill Simmons at firstname.lastname@example.org.